HUMAN RESOURCES / PAYROLL
Monday – Friday : 8:00a – 5:00p
HilArk Industries, a locally owned and operated manufacturing company, is seeking a highly motivated, dedicated individual to join our professional team in a full-time Human Resources / Payroll position. This individual will play a vital role in day to day operations as well as other projects as assigned.
Attention to detail, positive attitude and a willingness to adapt to various tasks outside of the general scope of basic job duties are necessities of this position. Experience in HR / Safety in manufacturing and/or industrial environment is a very strong plus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Proficiency with basic office operations vital to day-to-day business including MS Office Suite, MS Excel, Adobe PDF, etc.
• General functional knowledge of standard office phone systems as well as basic office administrative duties such as filing, scanning, shredding, organizational skills, etc.
• Maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data.
• Updating payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions and other relevant information.
• Determine payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes as well as employer’s social security, unemployment and workers compensation payments.
• Resolving payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
• Maintaining payroll operations by following policies and procedures as well as reporting necessary changes.
• Assisting with recruiting and staffing logistics.
• Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting.
• Employee orientation, development and training as needed.
• Policy development and documentation.
• Helping to improve and/or maintain employee relations.
• Facilitating company-employee communications regarding compensation and benefits administration, employee safety, employee services and other requirements as needed.
• Ability to prioritize duties in a confidential and professional manner.
• Organizing and maintaining files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:
• 5+ years of Human Resources / Payroll experience.
• HS Diploma required, college courses and/or degree strongly preferred.
• Strong work ethic, organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient in accounting software, ex: QuickBooks.
• Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis, etc.
• Working knowledge of applicable accounting systems and procedures.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.
SALARY & COMPENSATION PACKAGE:
• Standard work week will be Monday through Friday, 8a – 5p with an hour for lunch.
• Salary range for this position is $18 – 22+/Hour. DOE
• Total compensation package includes vacation, health, dental, vision, retirement and may be discussed during interview process.
To apply for this position please submit your resume to:
Matt Couch - Vice President